DEPARTMENT OF HISTORY
Names of the Present Faculty Members of the Department
Dr. Govardhan Dhote
Designation : Assistant Professor
Qualification : M.A., Ph.D.
Mobile No. : 9975365971
Email Id : firstname.lastname@example.org
Specialization : Medieval India
Projects : Minor Research Project - 01
Subject : History
The Department of History was established currently with the inception of the college in the year 1995. The department runs the under graduate course only in the Faculty of Humanities. The department has a dedicated and committed staff, engaged in imparting quality education to the students. The department consists of one full time faculty members. The department has progressed by leaps and bounds under the able leadership of HoD, Prof. Dr. G. W. Dhote.
- Regular Teaching
- Well Qualified Teaching Staff
- Good Result
- Under Graduate Course Co-ordinate by the Department
Interdisciplinary Academic Activity
Innovative Teaching Methods
- Use of visual Aids : Nil
- Demonstrative Method
- Interactive Method : Group Discussion, Guest Lecture and Class Seminar
- Computer Assisted Teaching : Nil
- Project Based Research : Home Assignment
Infrastructure and Facility available for Students
- Well-furnished class room, Notes, documentaries and panel discussion
- To Organize University / State & National level Seminar & Conference.
- To adopt the departmental library.
- To Work for Increase in Publication.
- To Encourage & Inspire the Student for Competitive Examination.
- NET / SET study Center
- “गोंडवाना प्रांताच्या विकासात राणी दुर्गावतीच्या योगदानाचे मुल्यमापन”
- MRP – A Study of the Impact of the Role of the Bhonsale’s in Bhandara District (1738-1853)
- Organized Students’ Seminar on proper understanding of university syllabus.
- A programme on ‘Tips for University Examination’ was organized to give important instructions to students regarding preparation for University Examination.
- History and NSS Departments jointly celebrated ‘Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti’, this occasion the students of the department participated in the cleanliness drive carried out in the college.
- Organized Students’ Seminar on ‘First Unit of the Syllabus’
- A Programme on ‘Tips for University Examination’ was organized, to give important instructions to students regarding preparation for University Examination.
- All faculty members are creative & develop the Interest for Higher Learning among the students by Teaching / guiding regularly as per the Syllabus.
- Regular attended of the Faculty in National & International Level.
- Above 80 % Results of B.A. Final (History Subject) in every year and 100% result in 2019-20 & 2020-21
- Department is using Innovative Teaching Methods. Use of Audio – Visual Media Viz. PPT.
- Home Assignment.
- Student Visits to Library.
- Students remain attached to the Department after passing out their U. G. & P. G. Degrees and the Department helps them to pass Entrance Exams of Ph.D. & NET / SET.
- Lack of Department organizing International, National & State Level Seminars & Conferences.
- Our College is in Urban Area but students comes from rural area.
- Soft skill & Communication skill of the student need to be improved.
- Involvement of student in research activity.
- To organize University, State & National Level Seminars & Conferences.
- To start Research Centre.
- To start M. Phil. Research Course, NET / SET Study Center.
- To start Research Work like a Minor / Major Research Project.
- To make job swarthy of student through quality based teaching.
Activities on collection of the work of great Economists.
- Scope for Development of Interdisciplinary Project useful for society.
- To Collect Economical Models & Charts to explain Geometrical Concept.
- Number of student opting for Graduate in Department of History is declining day by day.
- Effect of cost based Education on the students from Department of History, because majority of the students of History are coming from rural background. They are from lower History class.
- Lack of academic performance of the student of the Department of History in University & other Competitive Examinations.
- Increase in number of colleges. (Government Policy)
- Global recession may hamper placement opportunities for students.
- To start short term courses to face new challenges to get employment.
- To work own outcome of the subject by using proper method
- Competitive examination